return to crystal property menu
Kyanite is an aluminum silicate mineral with a Mohs hardness of 4.5 - 7 depending on how it's tested. It is of the triclinic crystal system. Kyanite has a variety of colors such as blue, orange, white green, or black/grey. It grows as blades and radiating masses. The Black Kyanite often grows as fans and is sometimes referred to as Witches Broom.
Kyanite is brittle so handle with care. It's possible that Black Kyanite may get it's color from Graphite.
It is said that some of the metaphysical properties of Black Kyanite may include:
- Grounding and protection
- Associated with the root chakra
- Repairs and aligns all chakras
- Great for cutting cords and releasing blockages
- Wonderful meditation tool
- Assist with enhancing psychic abilities by offering spiritual protection and clearing out energetic debris (similar to cleaning the windshield of a car so that you can see more clearly).
- Pictured below is a psychic enhancement crystal grid using a variety of crystals and minerals, including Black Kyanite. View the video below to learn more.